Geophysical Institute (GI)/ University of Alaska (UAF)
Effective date: January 1, 2012
- GI/UAF keys are the property of the University of Alaska to be issued to current faculty, staff and students of the GI.
- GI/UAF keys shall not be duplicated, loaned, borrowed or transferred.
- GI/UAF keys shall be issued and returned to the GI Operations Office.
- All GI/UAF key holders terminating their employment or academic association with the University must return their keys to the GI Operations Office.
- All GI/UAF key holders are responsible for costs associated with the loss or misuse of GI UAF keys.
- There will be a $25 fee for each “Operating” key series (office door, lab door, department area door) that are not properly returned, lost or stolen.
- There will be a $100 fee for each key in the “Master” series (Master keys, Sub-Master keys and the Elvey Front Door key) that are not properly returned, lost or stolen.
- The Elvey Building is open during normal business hours Monday through Friday.
- The Elvey Building is locked during all holidays and weekends.
KEY ISSUE HOURS
- Keys for the Elvey Building and GI Field Sites are issued in the Elvey Building, Room 615 GI Operations Office, from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Authorization Forms are available in the GI Operations Office.
- Written authorization is required from your supervisor for:
- Regular GI faculty and staff
- GI graduate students
- GI undergraduate students
- Temporary GI employees
- Non GI personnel key requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and approved by the GI Operations Manager.